Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 3

Day three was not as good as day one and two. Breakfast started off well as usual, can't complain there. A fruit smoothie with a banana. I had a ton of energy when I woke up and went for a run.

For lunch I ate a "picnic" brand meal that came complete with humus, nuts, endame, crackers, and chocolate. - All of this was vegan. I could not get over the smell of the humus. They claim it didn't need to be refrigerated but everyone is telling me humus should be refrigerated... -- My first experience with humus was a bad one. Took a small bite and through it down. The nuts weren't bad, however they were spicy and I'm not one for spice. The chocolate was very good and have yet to try the endame. I was hungry and at the shore so I ordered some fries that I made sure were cooked in vegetable oil. After eating them I found myself kinda slugglish, but at least I had something on my stomach, so I didn't get a headache. < But shortly after I did get a headache, that could be from a lack of food or the oil from the fries.

Went to Whole Foods to find vegan flat bread. ( found a good one from the middle east bakery.)

And then there was my lovely daiya cheese pizza dinner with a side of broccoli. I will say the broccoli was good. However the daiya cheese, which did melt as promised did not taste very good. It had a similar taste of that of cardboard. I pulled most of it off the pizza and ate the sauce and bread, but the bread was saturated with daiya cheese taste. I was feeling alright until I got up to leave the house. Upon leaving I felt ill. About an hour after dinner I was throwing up in Princeton due to this gross daiya cheese. I read reviews on this cheese and everyone says it is the best thing they've ever had. For me it was a dud. It made me question going vegan, because I don't think I could ever eat foods that taste like humus and daiya cheese.

Tomorrow I will be eating nothing but veggies and fruit because I don't think I can take another day of processed stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment