Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 1.

Day one went really well. I went to bed last night feeling sick and uncomfortable. Today I woke up extremely thirsty, which I normally do. ( Some articles, I've read blame the morning thirst on certain types of cheese that have been consumed the night before.- So we shall see if it goes away.)

For breakfast I had a banana, vegan granola, and a hand full of black berries. < This is not much different then what my normal breakfast would be. However some days I would eat none vegan granola cereal. With my breakfast my energy level was about the same as it was any other day, probably because it was pretty much the same as every other day.

For lunch I had a blue mango burger which is soy free and vegan. Instead of putting it on a bun I placed the burger in between two beds of lettuce.- That might take some getting used to, however it wasn't as bad as I anticipated, I was just kinda still looking for a bun. - I believe my buns contain casein, which is why I opted out. On the side I had a bowl of watermelon. - My usual none vegan lunch would have probably been a cucumber sandwich with feta cheese on wheat bread with some fruit and animal crackers or regular crackers. < most of my lunch had dairy and hidden dairy, before. - Today I did notice I wasn't lazy feeling after lunch. I got right up and went to the store and purchased some Daiya cheese, humus, vegan crackers, mushrooms, squash, and onions.

Once back from the store my new blender arrived!!!- Made a spinach, cucumber, banana, berry smoothie. - Wicked energy from that. Went and ran a mile and did some yoga.

For dinner I had roasted butternut squash with onions (a recipe from the kind diet.) with a side of dirty rice from the happy herbivore. Both were filling. After that ate a vegan cinnamon bun. I am laying in bed without a stomach ache, no headache, and still kinda wide awake. Perhaps the none dairy will help eliminate headaches?- or is it just by accident that I don't have a headache by the end of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment